Medvedivka – a historic village in the Chyhyrynskyi district, of the Cherkasy region, the territory of the Kholodnyi Yar. The village is located on the river Tiasmyn. Near the village a Neolithic settlement has been discovered, as well as the settlement dating to the period of early Bronze Age and of the Chernyakhivska culture. Today the village counts around 1400 inhabitants, has a school, hospital, kindergarten, church and museum. The museum of the local lore presents an interesting collection of 1,000 items, it has guides that gladly can make an excursion around the Kholodnyi Yar. Near the museum is found a remarkable architectural monument of the nineteenth century – the church of the Assumption of the Mary and the monument to the Maksym Zalizniak.